Saturday, October 15, 2005

OPINION: If Only I Had The Money-I'd Start My OWN Political Party!


As I watch the news on a daily basis, which I have become somewhat addicted to since 9/11, I can't help but to sit back and wish that I was rich. I don't have to be Bill Gates or Donald Trump rich. I just wish I was rich enough to start my own NEW political party. Why you may ask? Because I am absolutely embarassed to consider myself a Democrat, and totally against the majority of the philosophies of the Republicans. Now days, if you're not for one, then you're automatically considered to be a follower of the other. I, and I am growing to learn, many, many others do not fall into either of these two political categories. Sure, you say well, there's the Independent or the Green parties. Frankly, they both seemed a bit weird to me. I definitely could not follow them. So let's look at what we have.

We have the Republicans: A politically savvy group of people who seem to be very power hungry. A group whose primary desire seems to be to take over everything. Seems to derives from a very pompous egotistical attitude that they are the greatest and most intellectually inclined...and everyone else is not only beneath them, but less intelligent, less intellectual, even less patriotic (they're so savvy that they strategically make you think that if you're against them, then you're against America). The Republicans seem to be a party filled with inner contradiction. On one side, they are super pro-life. At the same time, they're super pro-war! How is that mentally possible. How can a person's mind and heart care about life so deeply that they will do everything thinkable to protect the embryo, (which I commend that desire) but at the same time, be so willing and eager to send our young men and women (other people's sons and daughters) to war to possibly be killed, tortured, at least mamed and their lives destroyed. Are they emphatic about saving the embryo so they can raise up a new army 18 years from now to fight in Iraq? (We'll probably still be there). It's weird.

The Republicans seem to be a party made up of liars, conivers, schemers and law breakers. They'll lie to accomplish whatever their goal is at the time. And then, even after it's proven to be a lie, Republican followers go on with an 'ahhh...it's still ok' attitude. It's weird. The Republicans seem to care only about the rich, the Haliburtons, the opportunity to make their super rich base just richer. They are commited to everything except the concerns of the middle and lower class citizens of America. It actually feels like they are systematically doing little things to smother out the middle class. As if they want this country to be a two class system. The rich and the poor. It's weird. It seems like a lot of the Republican citizens in the middle and lower economic status have been strong supporters of the party and followers of the lies for one main reason. FEAR! The devistation of 9/11 shook up our entire country. Some folks are so afraid that they needed 'John Wayne' to come to the resue. It seems like they would like to see us just go and nuke everyone who is not 'in-line' with us. It's weird. Their answer to everything is to just send more troops, as if the lives of our young sons and daughters are totally expendable. (But don't forget...they're suppose to be pro-life).

I could go on about the war but, even if I didn't concentrate on the sending of our troops to Iraq as a main issue, I still have to pay attention to the other goings on in the Republican party. For one, they could care less about the economic condition of average Americans. They could care less that gas prices are unaffordable, that heating gas prices are going up 45%. That illegals are taking jobs that are needed by average Americans. (sometimes I forget a lot of the illegals work for the super rich at super cheap, below minimum wages...lawn care, nannies, field workers, assembly, etc.) Also, day after day another Republican is being accused of doing something illegal (Frist, DeLay, Rove
etc.). I think about how the great Colin Powell was so hurt and crushed by his own party for being used as a pawn in the con game, that he chose to quit. A great man quit serving our country! That's so sad. Colin's son was so mad he even quit HIS gravy job as head of the FCC.

I watch how there seems to actually be two seperate groups of Republicans. Those who have legitimate views and ideas, which they feel are best for the country and the world, and that's their right. Then there's the other group of Conservatives who are more driven by what they call 'the movement'(dedicated to Republicans taking over everything). What's absolutely weird is to watch these two groups in action, particularly the 'movementeers' which are rallied through the 'movementeer' talk show hosts and media. These are your Hannity's, Laura Ingrams, Ann Coulters, Rush's, Bill Kristols and the like. This group is so dedicated to 'the movement' that they will do anything and everything in their power to crush, smother and destroy ANYONE who is in disagreement with their views...even their own constituents! It's weird. Look at what they've done to folks like Richard Wright, O'Neil, Joe Wilson...they hate Voinovich now. And now they've added Senator Dewine to their hate list. And these are ALL FELLOW REPUBLICANS! It's weird. Now, since they aren't absolutely positive that Harriet Miers is for 'the movement', they hate her. And to top it all off, they are slowly but surely coming to the realization that President Bush is making his decisions based on his own ideas and views...NOT FOR THE MOVEMENT! And if they could...the 'movementeers' would squash him next! (he'd better watch it) It's almost funny to watch...but at the same time, it's actually very sad.

I could go on and on about other things I disagree with the Republicans about but I'll just go to the Democrats now and talk about what they are all about................Bare with me a minute here.........I'm thinking............wait, they....no........what about..no..............what! The Democratics aren't about ANYTHING ! It it so sad for me to have to say that what had been my party throughout my life has absolutely no agenda whatsoever. NOTHING. What are they for? What are they against? Who the heck knows? Do they? Does Hillary? (and I like Hillary) So nowdays, if I say I'm a Democrat, I'm really saying that I'm for NOTHING! This is so sad. It's like the Dems are totally afraid to have a view. The only thing they are, is against Bush! That's it! That's weird.

So I watch this stuff, day after day and just fantasize about starting my own political party. I'd call it 'The Realist Party'. If I only had the money, it would be simple to do. I would take the good that the Dems used to be about and combine it with the little good that does exist in the Conservative camp...tweek things a bit, add a little essence (I like Emeril too) and BAM! We'd have ourselves a winner. A winner for America. A winner for the world. Hmmm...If.....

Greg Jones
Cleveland, Ohio

Greg Jones is the composer of the special anthem for world peace CD entitled 'God Bless the World-While You Bless America' which is already available on over 125 music sites and is garnering accolades worldwide. He is also a fellow blogger with talkingpeace.myblogsite.com as well as editor of Blogazine World. For CD free listen/lyrics/download/specials and more visit; www.godblesstheworldonline.com